Are You Interested in Joining the Catholic Faith?
Each year thousands of adults throughout the United States choose to become Catholics. They come from different backgrounds for different reasons:
· Some are already Christians from other traditions attracted by the teaching of the Catholic Church and by the example of individual Catholics they know.
· Some are from another faith or no faith at all who have heard about Jesus, His claim to forgive sin and His promise of eternal life.
· Some are non-Catholics who have been coming regularly to Mass for years with their Catholic relatives. They wish now to become full members of the Church.
· Some have had no previous contact with the Church at all but have this inner calling to discover the truth about the most important questions of life.
· The program is also for Catholics who missed out on the sacraments as children.
If any of the above situations applies to you, then the RCIA program is for you.
Those who so desire will receive the Sacraments of Initiation next Easter. R.C.I.A. sessions are conducted in a friendly group environment. If you are interested, please call the parish office (231.723.2619) and leave your name and phone number, one of the team members will then contact you.
Those persons who will be attending R.C.I.A. fall into three categories:
· Catechumens are persons who have not been baptized. They will receive the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
· Candidates for full communion with the Catholic Church have been baptized in another Christian tradition and would like to be in full communion with the Catholic Church. They will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
· Catholics who have been baptized but have not received the other Sacraments of Initiation will receive the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
RCIA for Children
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults for Children is the process in which children, seven years of age and above, are initiated into the Catholic Church. This includes children who are not baptized or who were baptized as infants and have no formal religious training. For more information contact 723.2619